Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Best Superbowl Commercial Ever

Count me as one person who really enjoys the Superbowl commercials more than I enjoy the Superbowl itself.

I don’t bother watching the pre-game show. The commercials just aren’t worth it. But 15 minutes before the start of the game, I won’t leave that television set during ANY commercial.

The football Superbowl has become the advertising Superbowl. Over the years, some of the most creative, imaginative, funny, and thought provoking commercials have appeared during this game. The best of the bunch was the commercial from Apple, for the Macintosh computer, that aired during the 1984 game. In fact, I’d go so far to say this was probably the best commercial ever made. When I first saw the commercial during that Superbowl, I was stunned after watching it, and it has remained very clear in my memory all these years. You also know a commercial is great when it is parodied in various ways for many years afterwards.

The last few years, the commercials haven’t been as great. Maybe it’s all the competition from all the creative videos coming from the Internet. Still, I have hope that there will be a few gems that will make sitting through the game worthwhile!

Anyway – enjoy what I think is the best commercial ever:





Check out my blog home page for the latest information,
HERE!

No comments: